RVing is all about kicking back, relaxing, and spending time with the family. The last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen creating a meal, when you could be spending those precious moments with the ones you love. These stress free camping recipes keep the fun in RVing and allow you to take advantage of all the kitchen perks your travel trailer or fifth wheel is sure to come with.
1. Bacon hashbrown packs…or really anything with bacon | This recipe is SUPER easy and one that kids and adults love. And really, what’s not to love? Bacon is fabulous! Here is how you make this recipe.
- Potatoes (enough for your family)
- Bacon – thick cut and minced
- Brussel Sprouts (a great way to add some veggies in, but not necessary)
Cut your potatoes into eighths. This is important so that they cook quickly. It’s also important to make sure they are sliced evenly. Put the potatoes in foil, top with chives and bacon, and fold tightly. You don’t want any heat to escape.
Pop the potato packs in an oven preheated to 350 degrees and cook for 30 minutes.
2. Breakfast Burritos | One of the best things about breakfast burritos is that you can make them ahead of time and freeze them! And here’s the thing. You can put whatever you want in them. The easiest way to get these done is to batch cook. Here’s how you do it.
- 1 pound of sausage/chorizo
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
Cook and drain your sausage. Scramble your eggs. Cook the onion and red bell pepper until the onion is transluscent and the bell pepper is soft.
Once your ingredients are prepared you can begin to assemble your burritos. Roll them tightly and let cool. Then wrap in saran wrap. Take prepared burritos and place in a freezer bag. Store for a quick, easy breakfast.
3. Easy Ham and Pineapple Sandwich | What’s better than the sweet and savory flavors of ham and pineapple coming together? Not much. This easy ham and pineapple sandwich is quick and easy and perfect for large crowds.
- Pack of hamburger buns or King’s Hawaiian Rolls (the larger size)
- Canned pineapple slices (not chunks)
- Cheese slices
- Ham of your choice
Assemble your sandwiches, wrap in foil, pop on the grill or in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If you are using the grill, be sure to grill your pineapple slices before hand. You won’t regret it!
RVing is all about family fun. It’s why we’re proud to be your Chesapeake RV dealer.