Check Out Our Affordable Memorial Day RV Specials
Memorial Day is just around the corner and with it the busiest RV weekend. Between navigating campsites and BBQing, make a detour to one of these celebrations to pay tribute to those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.
* On May 25th, head to the Victory Arch in Newport News for a Memorial Day celebration hosted by the Virginia War Museum.
* At the National D-Day Museum in Bedford, commemorate Memorial Day with a ceremony hosted by author Alex Kershaw. Or head out to the 17th Annual Ride of the Patriots, kicking off on May 22nd at Patriot Harley-Davidson in Fairfax with music and bbqing. Then, on May 24th check out the bikes as they ride in the Falls Church Memorial Day Festival and Parade.
* Go back to the 1940’s with a traditional ice cream social at the Spindle Sears House, 5714 Mt Gilead Road, Centreville VA 20120. Pay tribute while learning about life in the 40’s with old-school games and music.
* The 38th Annual Memorial Day Festival in will be held at Waterfront Park in Alexandria. The free celebration runs from 1pm-6pm and includes a performance by The Army Blues Jazz Ensemble.
* The Bogati Bodega & Vineyard in Round Hill will celebrate Memorial Day on May 23rd, from 12-7pm, with live music, bbq, and of course wine.
* Virginia Beach is host to Salute to Summer, a free music festival featuring local talent. While enjoying the music, take a stroll along the “Heroes Walk” and read tributes to our freedom written by local high school students.
If you’ve decided on a Memorial Day RV adventure in Virginia, you’re lucky enough to already be traveling over lands steeped in history. So no matter how you choose to celebrate the day, stay safe and enjoy the start of RV season!