I don’t know about you, but I am a huge fan of breakfast. When you’re out on a campsite and you’ve got hiking, swimming, or any other activities planned, breakfast will get you up and at ’em, giving you energy throughout the day. Here are a few breakfast recipes to print out and bring with you on your next trip.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Pancakes I (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pancakes-I/
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube/Bundt® pan.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. If using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.
Monkey Bread I (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Monkey-Bread-I/
Banana Sour Cream Bread
Recipe makes 4 – 7×3 inch loaves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7×3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Banana Sour Cream Bread (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Sour-Cream-Bread/